The following are highlights of the programs and services offered by ACUIA.
- Availability of a Help Packet for credit unions wishing to start an internal audit function
- ACUIA online member directory complete with names, addresses, phone and fax numbers, email, website addresses, and many other valuable search fields
- Access to nationwide network of credit union internal auditing professionals
- Free exchange of new ideas, successful strategies, audit techniques and procedures
- The Audit Report, a quarterly magazine providing members in-depth articles, a forum to exchange experiences, and current issue updates
- Discounted rates for the Annual Conference & One-Day Seminar, Regional Meetings, teleseminars, and webinars
- CPE credits offered for regional meetings and annual conferences
- Free access to the Internal Audit Reference Library containing up-to-date information regarding our profession and industry
- Teleseminars and Webinars
- The Audit Guide is free to all members
Annual membership dues are $200 per member. There are four membership designations to help best identify a members' primary job function. All members have full access to all member resources no matter which membership type selected.
Internal Auditors, Managers, Chief Audit Officers and members of the internal audit department
ERM / Risk Management
|Membership is open to all Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and risk professionals. ACUIA is actively expanding resources for risk professionals in order to offer the same level of support and opportunities|
|All those whose identify their primary job function as a compliance officer or within the compliance department are welcomed and enouraged to join ACUIA's expanding network of compliance professionals.|
|Supervisory/Audit Committee||All Supervisory and Audit Committee members are eligible for membership regardless of whether the credit union currently has an internal auditor on staff or internal audit department|
Should you have any questions about a membership with the ACUIA or the dues structure please contact the ACUIA Executive Office at:
Conferences and Meetings
- ACUIA's premier event each year is the Annual Conference and One Day Seminar. This Conference is open to all interested individuals, and CPE credits are available to registered for attendees.
- In addition, each of the ACUIA's six regions schedule periodic meetings during the year. CPE credits are also availableto attendees at these meetings.
- Larger metropolitan areas throughout the United States have chapter meetings which may include a guest speaker and/or roundtable discussions.
- All of these meetings feature topics of interest to credit union internal auditors, audit/supervisory committee members and other individuals associated with internal auditing in the credit union industry.
- ACUIA webinars are held frequently throughout the year. These virtual training events are a great opportunity for audit, risk and compliance professionals who have limited time or budget for travel. Participation can take place in the comfort of your own office.
- All of the seminars feature current and relevant topics for credit union for credit union professionals focused on audit, risk, compliance and supervisory responsibilities within the credit union.
- All webinars are offered as a member benefit and included as part of annual dues. Participate in as many or few as you would like throughout the year.
Recognition and Awards
- Honoring the founder and first president of the ACUIA, the ACUIA Terry McEachern Internal Auditor of the Year Award is presented at the Annual Business Meeting each year.
- This award, sponsored by Royal Credit Union in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, and the ACUIA, is presented to an ACUIA member in recognition of outstanding dedication to ACUIA and the internal audit profession. The winner is selected by the Award Committee from nominations submitted by credit union CEOs, Directors, Audit/Supervisory Committee Chairs and ACUIA peers.
- In addition to personal recognition and an individual award, the recipient's name is also placed on a plaque displayed at Royal Credit Union.
How Do I Join ACUIA?
- Credit Union Membership is open to all credit union Internal Audit, ERM and Compliance Professionals and Supervisory/Audit Committee members
- ACUIA is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt organization.
How to Join
To become a member, please complete the membership application and return it with payment to the address or fax number on the application form. Once the Executive Office has processed your membership, your confirmation letter and password for the members-only section of the website will be emailed to you.
- To pay by credit card, fax the application to the ACUIA Executive Office at (703) 348-7602.
To pay by check, mail the application to the Executive Office with your dues check to:
ACUIA - Attention Membership Dept
332 Commerce St Suite 100
Alexandria, VA 22314
If you have any questions regarding membership, please contact the ACUIA Executive Office by phone at (703) 688-2284 or by email at email@example.com.