|OVERVIEW||TOPICS / AGENDAS||REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!||HOTEL / TRAVEL|
Click Image to REGISTER NOW!
Each year, ACUIA hosts the Annual Conference & One-Day Seminar for its members to promote the education and development of the credit union auditing profession. With session covering topics such as specialized knowledge and applications, accounting, and auditing, these conferences are an opportunity for professionals from across the country to learn from speakers who are leaders in their field and network with their peers.
This year we're off to the wild Southwest, San Antonio, Texas - home of the Alamo, for ACUIA's 27th Annual Conference and One Day Seminar. This year's conference is bringing the best and latest learning on Audit, ERM, Compliance and Cyber-Security.
While in San Antonio, come discover the rich history this city holds where and heroes heroically held off Santa Ana's army in the legendary battle of the Alamo.
Current overview of session topics:
- Auditing 101 | Auditing 102
- Hands on Data Analytics and Mining Data
- How do you incorporate Internal Audit into the ERM process
- Branch Audit Programs
- Audit Software options
- Assigning Risk to Audit Area
- Auditing E-services
- Fraud – How much monitoring of employee accounts, access and transaction history is enough?
- Fraud – What tools are used to proactively identify, monitor and/or mitigate fraud
- Performing a Self-Quality Control Assessment
- Supervisory Committee Sessions:
- Making Meetings Effective and Valuable
- Objectives, Risk and Controls of CUs
- What should be in Your Annual Audit Plan
- Enterprise Risk Management Sessions
- ERM/COSO for Credit Unions
- ERM Implementation
- Interest Rate Risk – adding S to CAMEL
- Identifying Risks and Key Controls for Risk Assessments
- How to Train CU Leadership on ERM
- How to Determine a CU’s Risk Appetite
- NCUA perspective on IT and cyber security
- Performing Disaster Recovery
- Real Estate Quality Control
- New MBL Rules
- Marijuana Related Business
- Bridging Generational Gap - Hiring and Retaining Talent
- Auditing Insurance coverage
- Translating IT issues into a non IT language
- New technology for internal audit
- Documenting Observations Outside of Planned Audits
|2017 Registration Fees||1 Day Seminar Only||Annual Conference Only||Both 1 Day / Annual Conference|
*Early Bird registration ends April 30, 2017
ACUIA's 27th Annnual Conference and One-Day Seminar Hotel - Grand Hyatt San Antonio Riverwalk
Discover the distinctly diverse personality of San Antonio in grand style. Set along the spectacular River Walk, Grand Hyatt San Antonio places you near trendy downtown bars, hot clubs, Zagat-rated restaurants and all the attractions that make this one of the most culturally rich cities in the country. Visit the San Antonio Museum of Art, and take in collections of Latin American and Asian art, or plan a family day at Six Flags®, just minutes away.
The grand foyer entry offers a gracious Texas sized welcome, while a contemporary design and upgraded amenities make this one of the premier lodging options in the city. Conveniently, Grand Hyatt San Antonio is the only hotel adjacent to the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center and within walking distance of the Alamodome, Tower of The Americas and The Alamo.
ROOM RESERVATIONS NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING - CLICK HERE
We are anticipating a large turnout for this years' conference, so be sure to reserve your rooms early. ACUIA has a special conference rate of $229 per night. This special conference rate has been extended to three days prior and post conference for those who would like to extend their stay in San Antonio. CLICK HERE to reserve your room today.
If you are an internal audit professional, risk manager, compliance officer or supervisory committee member you won't want to miss the Annual Conference & One-Day Seminar. Packed with 25-30 sessions, this four-day event covers the latest developments and features some of the industry's most popular speakers.
Enjoy the opportunity to gain timely, helpful, indispensable information for professionals who want to keep pace with the diverse, dynamic field of internal auditing, whether you are a member of your credit union's internal audit department or a member of the supervisory/audit committee. ACUIA welcomes you to join us each year for this outstanding event.
As ACUIA membership has steadily increased over the years, so has participation at the Annual Conference & One-Day Seminar. The One-Day Seminar has seen attendance double since 2002 by bringing in a broad array of educational topics that benefit ACUIA members at all learning levels. With an average attendee rating of 4.43 out of 5 for the sessions offered at the event, the Annual Conference & One-Day Seminar has cutting edge topics that will put any auditor at the top of their game.
2018 / 2019 - Watch for Announcements!