The Internal Auditor, Credit Union is responsible for ensuring that a comprehensive financial institution audit program that encompasses compliance, operational, financial and technology risks is in place. This position is responsible for developing and conducting internal audits, compliance reviews/audits, coordinating the delivery of outsourced internal audit services, and working with business unit staff to develop self-testing protocols. This position also works with compliance staff, business unit staff, auditors and examiners to ensure that the financial institution responds appropriately to exceptions and other recommendations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and conduct internal audits and partner with outsourced internal auditors to develop and maintain an annual audit plan that covers compliance, operational, financial and technology risks. Work with internal auditors to coordinate the delivery of internal audit services and partner, where appropriate, to jointly provide complementary compliance reviews/audits.
- Develop and conduct regular compliance reviews/audits and monitoring activities designed to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and regulatory guidance and internally developed policies and procedures.
- Partner with business units to develop appropriate self-testing protocols that enable the units to randomly and periodically evaluate compliance with applicable laws and regulations and policies and procedures, identify instances of noncompliance and report out on such instances and corrective action taken.
- Track, monitor and oversee the resolution of outstanding audit and examination exceptions and recommendations and work with business unit staff, compliance staff, auditors and examiners to ensure that issues are addressed in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Conduct ongoing risk assessments and facilitate the completion of the annual bank-wide risk assessment.
- Chair the Quality Assurance Committee, working with the quality assurance specialists in each business line to develop and manage the quality assurance reviews. Monitor results from the quality assurance reviews and summarize in a quality assurance scorecard for senior leadership and the Supervisory Committee.
- Prepare materials on audit and risk assessment activities and report results to Supervisory Committee.
Required Job Qualifications
- 4 year college degree plus a minimum of four years related experience in internal audit and/or regulatory compliance; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in conducting internal audits and regulatory compliance reviews/audits highly preferred.
- Thorough, broad-based knowledge of bank and/or credit union rules and regulations, such as Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, consumer and mortgage lending laws, Truth-in-Savings, Reg CC, Reg E, Privacy Laws, etc.
- Broad knowledge of, and practical experience with, financial institution operating areas, functions, products and services and the laws and regulations that apply to credit unions and/or other financial institutions.
- Must be bondable. CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner), NCCO (National Certified Compliance Officer), CUCE (Credit Union Compliance Expert), CRCM (Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager), or other relevant audit or regulatory compliance certifications or professional designations a plus.
Other Critical Factors
- Ability to work collaboratively and establish positive working relationships with all areas and levels of management and staff as well as external service providers to gain cooperation necessary to achieve goals
- Well-organized, efficient, detail-oriented self-starter who can work independently
- Excellent analytical ability, including advanced ability to analyze cause and trends in identified violations/deficiencies, interpret and understand laws and regulations, and provide workable recommendations and solutions to problems
- Advanced ability to effectively communicate both in writing and orally to ensure audience understanding of any identified issues and appropriate corrective action
- Ability to research issues, questions or concerns and suggest appropriate action
- Ability to maintain high level of integrity and ethics
Please apply directly to the below link if you are interested: