Who are we looking for?
In addition to identifying and agreeing with our Statement of Faith, the qualified candidate must have strong analytical skills, working knowledge and understanding of credit union policies and procedures and an ability to develop understanding of the laws and regulations applicable to the credit union.
What’s distinctive about this position?
The candidate selected for this position will be able to provide evaluation of credit union functions to verify that physical assets and data property are properly safeguarded, financial and management information regarding operations are accurate and reliable, and policies and procedures comply with applicable laws.
What are some responsibilities of this position?
• Develop and maintain a plan for auditing and assessing risk of all Credit Union activities.
• Conduct audits and reviews of organizational and functional activities of the Credit Union based upon the defined objectives and scope as defined.
• Obtain, analyze and appraise sufficient documentary evidence as a basis for formulating an opinion on the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and activities being audited.
• Prepare work papers in accordance with Credit Union and industry standards that documents test work that was performed and supports the findings and conclusions that were reached.
• Prepare formal reports documenting audit procedures performed and audit results, risks associated with audit findings, and practical recommendations for improvement utilizing organization’s risk management system.
• Monitor and report the adequacy of corrective actions taken on audit findings.
What are some requirements of this position?
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as regulations and procedure manuals and to write audit reports.
• Ability to hold oneself accountable for the successful completion of tasks.
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with executives, regulators, board and supervisory committee members.
• Ability to initiate action independently and manage work effectively.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Skype, SalesForce, nCino, and Windows-based e-mail and internet browser programs.
• Proficient in internal audit including calendaring, conducting, and reporting.
• Ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of three years to five years of auditing experience in the financial industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What’s distinctive about ECCU?
ECCU provides a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package that, when combined with the opportunity for daily Kingdom impact, creates an immensely gratifying and unparalleled work/life experience.
For additional information and to apply, Click Here.