Senior Internal Auditor
October 21, 2014
Founders FCU - Lancaster, SC
Founders Federal Credit Union is here to help our members attain their financial goals. Our innovative services, convenient locations, and friendly employees are dedicated to our members and their financial future. Consistently recognized as one of the largest and most innovative credit unions in the nation, Founders serves more than 191,600 members and has over $1.6 billion in assets. We are the largest Credit Union in South Carolina.
Founders Federal Credit Union is strongly committed to providing the highest level of quality service to our members. We realize our outstanding, dedicated employees make it all happen. We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our strong organization and growing team as a Senior Internal Auditor. This position will be located at Founders’ Corporate Headquarters in Lancaster, SC.
The Internal Audit Department of Founders independently and objectively evaluates the operations of the organization as a service to management and the Supervisory Committee. Internal Audit performs assurance and consulting activities designed to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls; mitigate risk; promote strong governance; add value; and improve Founders’ operations. All members of Internal Audit shall adhere to the highest ethical standards, as proscribed by Founders’ Policies, as well as the Institute of Internal Auditors.
We welcome your interest in employment with our family-oriented organization where we proudly offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and centrally located branches.
This Senior Internal Auditor position requires the application of sound audit techniques and judgment in supporting the audit functions. Under the supervision of the Internal Audit Manager and/or the Vice President - Internal Audit, the Senior Auditor performs and leads operational and branch audits as defined by the annual audit plan. The Senior Auditor will evaluate audit results and findings, conclude on exceptions determine whether Founders’ policies, procedures and standards are being adhered to. This individual will also participate in investigations and department administrative tasks.
Assist all levels of audit management with the following:
- Perform and lead operational and branch audits.
- Create and/or update risk assessments for audit engagements.
- Lead and/or assist with the performance of investigative matters concerning employees and/or members.
- Assist with the coordination and management of audits or reviews performed by the external auditor, NCUA, other outsourced provider, etc.
- Administrative duties may include, but are not limited to: preparation of Supervisory Committee Meeting materials, documenting meeting minutes, providing input for Staff Auditor evaluations, and coordinating document destruction, in accordance with the record retention policy.
- Assist with audit staff activities which include interviewing potential staff members, continuing professional development, and providing ongoing guidance to audit staff.
- Keep abreast of regulatory and industry changes by reading regulatory publications/industry journals, and attending relevant training courses.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Internal Audit’s purpose, as well as their philosophy of acting as a business partner to promote value and ensure Member confidence.
- Compliance with applicable statutes and regulations including, but not limited to, BSA.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The successful Senior Internal Auditor will have a four year degree from an accredited college/university is desired (majoring in Accounting, Finance, or related area). A professional designation is preferred (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE).
Additional requirements include:
- Minimum of three years of prior audit experience or a minimum of six years combined audit and financial institution experience.
- Motivated, self-starter with flexibility and adaptability and be able to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines effectively and efficiently.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong analytical and logical reasoning ability.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and be willing to assist in the development of Staff Auditors.
- Ability to work effectively with persons at all organizational levels, both internal and external to Founders.
- Ability to work objectively with the highest level of integrity to ensure independence and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Willingness to pursue a professional designation (i.e., CIA, CPA, CISA, etc.).
- Be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with data analysis/mining tools is preferred (e.g., IDEA or ACL).
As the Senior Internal Auditor you will receive a competitive income and comprehensive benefits package. Benefits provided include the following:
· Retirement Plan (with employer contributions)
· Health and Dental Insurance
· Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (at no cost to employee)
· Long Term Care Plan
· Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance coverage for employee and family
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
· Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
· Family-oriented culture that values work/life balance
· Convenient location – no (or minimal) travel required
· Tuition reimbursement
· Career training
· Fit Founders Wellness Program
A pre-employment criminal background check, drug screen, consumer credit investigation, and previous employer reference check will be required.
Relax. Join our team.
Interested applicants can apply on our website at https://www.foundersfcu.com/Job-Opportunities.aspx.