The goal of PMYCU.Com is to provide an effective, efficient and anonymous method for credit union employees to report suspicious activity, ethical violations and other internal control concerns. Employees can report their concerns via the internet or by phone. Once a confidential report is submitted, we will notify the designated credit union representative. Industry expert Michael Sacher will be available to provide advice and recommendations for responding to the reported issues.
We Are About Protecting Credit Unions
With over 35 years providing public accounting and consulting services exclusively to credit unions, Mike Sacher has investigated countless incidences of fraud and its related internal control failures that have resulted in the loss of tens of millions of dollars.
- A teller steals a few hundred dollars
- A back office employee withdraws funds from dormant accounts
- A loan officer ignores underwriting guidelines
- Next payment due dates are advanced to hide fraudulent loan disbursements
- Disbursements for building repairs and other maintenance were based on doctored invoices
- Phony appraisals were made
- Poorly designed, ineffective internal controls were in place
- Providing an easily accessible and secure reporting process whereby credit union employees can report suspicious activity or significant internal control weaknesses, anonymously if desired.
- Providing education to credit union employees to increase their awareness of the signs suggesting that fraudulent activity could be occurring.
- Providing the experience, guidance, and if need be, investigative services of a recognized credit union expert on resolution of suspicious activity that might be reported.