At 1st United Credit Union, we are committed to improving the quality of life for our members and communities we serve across the East Bay and Tri-Valley areas.
Job Description Overview:
The VP of Compliance and Risk Management is responsible for establishing and maintaining an ongoing compliance program and compliance training program for all officers and employees. Must also write and update compliance policies and procedures as required. The incumbent will work closely with all business units to assess and monitor risk, as well as assist in developing risk management strategies.
• Responsible for the management and implementation of the credit union’s Compliance Management Program. Oversee the implementation of new regulations or changes to existing regulations; assist in updating and reviewing policies and procedures based on regulatory changes, Identify and conduct risk assessments. Contribute input for ongoing compliance training program. Oversee the credit union’s complaint management system.
• Responsible for the coordination of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Program and management of the BSA/AML/OFAC Program.
• Oversee the Vendor Management Program and manage the Business Continuity Program and associated BCP vendor relationships.
• Ensure products, departments, and programs have the appropriate processes, documentation, and disclosures in place to meet compliance requirements.
• Oversee the Fraud/Loss Prevention Program and manage the processing of levies, subpoenas and search warrants.
• Manage the credit union’s insurance program and be the focal point for legal action and communication with legal counsel.
• Create reports for the areas of responsibility listed above and conduct annual review of Board and Corporate Policies.
• Other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job and a high level of interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this position. Work frequently involves contacts requiring considerable discussion of problems, material presentations, and resolving issues impacting departments or divisions.
For additional information and to apply via our website:
1st United Services Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer /AA-M/F/D/V