Assist in maintaining and achieving the annual audit plan as well as maintaining administrative and operational goals including but not limited to monthly reports, audit scheduling and internal audit functions. Analyzes and evaluates credit union operations to ensure compliance with the credit union’s bylaws and policies and procedures and NCUA regulations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
E 70% Participates in the planning, execution, and reporting phases of assigned audits, projects, reviews under the supervision of the AVP of Internal Audit. Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls of the branch and credit union department activities, gathers and analyzes data, and reports audit results to management in accordance with Standards for the Professional Practice issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
E 10% Coordinates and assists external auditors and NCUA examiners with research and testing of audit programs and examinations.
E 5% Reviews and investigates member complaints under supervision of the AVP for the Supervisory Committee and the NCUA. Assists the AVP in drafting a formal response for review and approval by the Chair of the Supervisory Committee.
E 5% Performs other duties as assigned.
E 10% Stay current on professional and credit union industry regulations, reporting requirements, auditing procedures, general accounting principles and auditing techniques by attending continuing education classes, webinars, as well as reading professional periodicals/journals.
- Ensure the credit union has adequate internal controls and practices in place for departmental and branch locations.
- Provide informed, professional and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current laws, regulations and common practices in the internal audit field.
- Performs duties, responsibilities, and accountabilities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards for credit unions.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Pen Air Core Values.
- Regular reliable attendance.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience Three years of auditing and/or similar related experience.
Education A bachelor’s degree or achievement of formal certification(s) recognized as equivalent to a bachelor’s degree (e.g. information technology certification(s) in lieu of a degree).
Interpersonal Skills Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- CPA, CIA, or other related industry certification preferred.
- Solid knowledge of audit procedures, government regulations, banking/credit union and EDP procedures; a proficient knowledge of spreadsheet (including data analytics) and word processing software.
- Demonstrate strong organizational abilities; analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to develop innovative solutions and must be attentive to details.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with persons at all organizational levels both, internal and external.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of credit union information.
Physical Requirements Light or low amount of physical exertion
Work Environment No adverse environmental working conditions noted.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
TO APPLY: Visit our website at: penair.org/careers