Job Location: Alachua Branch - Alachua, FL
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4-Year Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Undisclosed
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Undisclosed
Radiant Credit Union is looking for our next Internal Auditor. Under direction of the Supervisory Committee, this role performs audits of operations, financial records, and internal control systems. Additionally the Internal Auditor assesses the effectiveness of controls and procedures, accuracy of financial records, level of regulatory compliance, and efficiency of operations. They then document, reports findings, and makes recommendations to the Supervisor Committee.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs audits of the effectiveness of Credit Union operating systems. Recommends enhancements or changes required.
- Performs audits of internal control systems by maintenance of permanent Internal Audit files, incorporating narrative descriptions, flowcharts, memos, etc.
- Performs audits of financial and other Credit Union records to detect deviations from established policies and generally accepted accounting practices, completeness of information, accuracy of data, fraudulent or wasteful activity, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Documents audit results. Analyzes findings, gathers adequate supporting evidence, and makes sound, appropriate recommendations. Prepares, maintains, and submits detailed audit reports for review.
- Reviews fraud prevention procedures, controls, and detection processes on an ongoing basis.
- Makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Performs special audits/reviews as requested
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by the Supervisory Committee.
Education & Experience
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary. Thorough knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, Credit Unions and the analysis and reporting of financial data. Combines pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events). Working knowledge of related computer systems and applications including Microsoft Excel is required.
All interested candidates should apply online at https://www.radiantcu.org/about/careers.shtml