The internal auditor conducts audits to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, and efficiency of credit union operations.
Specific duties of the Internal Auditor include (but are not limited to):
• Conduct Credit Union 1's internal audit program.
• Participate in the development of an annual internal audit plan designed to appropriately test and monitor risks identified in the annual analysis of key business risks.
• Review all policies, plans, procedures, and all applicable laws and regulations for compliance.
• Determine whether systems in place are adequate and operating properly.
• Examine records of departments and interview employees to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Review the operational efficiency of all Credit Union 1 locations to ensure resources are used as efficiently and economically as possible.
• Analyze various operations or plans to determine they reflect the established goals of management and the Board of Directors.
• Participate in the planning and testing stages of new policies, procedures, and control systems for new product offerings and for new laws and regulations affecting operations.
• Communicate the results of internal audits to appropriate levels of management and the Board of Directors.
• Analyze date for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and policies or procedures.
• Conduct special studies as assigned.
• Provide documentation requested by external auditors and regulatory examiners.
• Complete necessary education and training to remain current in accounting, auditing, and industry standards.
Skills and Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common industry journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries, complaints from members, regulatory agencies, and members of the business community.
• Ability to understand and interpret written policies and procedures.
• Ability to effectively present information to management and the Board of Directors.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Certified Internal Auditor OR Certified Public Accountant, preferred.
Credit Union 1 offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K and tuition reimbursement.
Please visit http://www.creditunion1.org to apply online. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.