Qualstar Credit Union is looking to fill our Internal Auditor position. This position is responsible for implementation and maintenance of the Credit Union's internal audit programs; performing audit procedures; acting as the primary contact for state and federal examiners, and independent auditors; preparing audit reports, findings and recommendations; and other duties as assigned by the Audit Committee. The Internal Auditor will report to the Audit Committee and administratively to the Director of Risk.
Qualified applicants must have Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field. A minimum of 2 years of auditing experience either working for a public accounting firm auditing financial institutions, or working in a financial institution in an Internal Auditor. A CPA or CIA designation (or active candidate) is preferred.
There are a lot of benefits to being a Qualstar employee including:
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k & Pension Plan!!
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee rate discount on loans
Established in 1952, Qualstar was originally chartered to provide financial services to Safeway employees and their family members. Since that time, the credit union has expanded to serve the employees and members of more than 300 companies throughout the state, union members, as well as all residents of Washington State. Today Qualstar serves more than 55,000.
Qualstar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keyword Search: Audit, Accounting, CPA, CIA, Financial Institution, Banking, Credit Union, Finance.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Credit Union's internal audit program.
- Develops and maintains audit programs for credit union functions. Continually evaluates the effectiveness of the audit programs and procedures.
- Performs audit procedures for regularly scheduled audits and for ongoing reviews, such as cash counts, identifies adequacies and inadequacies, and recommends operational enhancements in support of organizational goals.
- Assures through audit procedures that credit union assets are accurately accounted for and adequately protected from loss.
- Monitors usage of the primary credit union system software and employee access for compliance with established security guidelines.
- Develops recommendations for improving internal controls and the adequacy of credit union records and recordkeeping.
- Provides for adherence to policies and procedures established by management and the Board of Directors by auditing for compliance according to procedures specified in the credit union's internal audit program. Reports findings to the Audit Committee and President/CEO and makes recommendations for appropriate action.
- Assists in the review of compliance issues as requested.
- Coordinates data gathering for state/federal examinations and independent CPA firm audits. Acts as contact person for examiners/auditors during their onsite exams/audits.
- Conducts research and preliminary investigation of circumstances surrounding member complaints about account activity as referred by management or Audit Committee.
- Assists with investigations of possible internal fraud cases by performing related research and making recommendations to management and/or Audit Committee.
- Conducts administrative functions related to Audit Committee meetings, which may include distribution and production of agenda, minutes, and educational packets.
- Attends all Audit Committee meetings and other official meetings as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to view computer monitor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field is required.
- A minimum of two years of auditing experience either working for a public accounting firm auditing financial institutions, or working in a financial institution in an Internal Auditor role is required. A CPA or CIA designation (or active candidate) is preferred.
- Ability to present a professional image when working with the Board of Directors, Audit Committee, and staff.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Good interpersonal skills to ensure personnel/member related issues are handled in a fair and consistent manner.
- Good oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and dependable vehicle required.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE THAT PRIOR TO AN INTERVIEW, A BACKGROUND AND CREDIT CHECK ARE CONDUCTED.