Headquartered in Vacaville, California, Travis Credit Union is a not-for-profit, cooperative financial institution serving those who live or work in Solano, Yolo, Sacramento, Placer, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Napa, Contra Costa, Alameda, Sonoma, Colusa, and Merced Counties. Currently, Travis Credit Union is the 13th largest credit union in California, with more than 177,000 members and over $2.5billion in assets. As one of the leading financial institutions in Solano, Contra Costa, Yolo, Napa, and Merced Counties, Travis Credit Union’s strength lies in its faithful commitment to its members; its solid, secure history; and its long-standing track record of dedicated service. TCU’s success is due to exceptional employees who deliver excellent service.
· Performs simple to moderate risk-based operational, financial and compliance audit activities within the organization.
· Works with the AVP, Internal Audit to develop and execute the credit union’s Supervisory audit plan.
· Monitors internal controls, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures.
· Provides value-added advice and support to business partners.
· Effectively communicates evaluations and recommendations to all levels of management.
· Performs simple to moderate risk-based operational, financial and compliance audit activities within the organization, as well as hands-on execution of assigned audits. 50%
· Obtains, analyzes and evaluates accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc. 15%
· Prepares and presents unbiased reports that reflect audit’s results and document process. 10%
· Works with the AVP, Internal Audit to develop and execute the credit union’s audit plan.5%
· Acts as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement. 5%
· Coordinates and professionally communicates with appropriate staff and levels of management for each area being audited. Documents process and prepares audit observations memorandum. 5%
· Conducts follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions. 5%
· Engages to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards. 5%
· BA/BS in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience.
· Professional designation, e.g. CPA, CIA, CFE, or CISA preferred.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in internal audit, a financial analyst role and/or risk management.
· Experience in the financial industry preferred.
· Experience performing data extraction preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
· Understanding of financial statements and auditing practices, as well as accounting principles, processes, standards, techniques and procedures.
· Working knowledge of audit procedures, planning, and test/sampling methods.
· Ability to effectively gather, analyze and evaluate facts, and prepare and present concise findings.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office for Windows.
· Detail oriented and ability to use independent judgment and decision making.
· Ability to self-direct in managing day-to-day tasks accurately and within specified timeframes.
· Professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to successfully tailor communications according to the audience.
· Sound understanding of TCU’s products and services.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, vacation/sick/holiday pay, matching 401(k) with 100% vested immediately, educational assistance and annual bonus for all regular full-time employees. Plus a few fun perks like our gym, ping pong table, a rest and relaxation room and massage therapy that are available at Corporate Headquarters.
We are an EMPLOYER OF CHOICE in the Communities we serve.
TCU is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screening is required.
Visit www.traviscu.org for a full list of our current openings
EOE/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status