Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Admin Office
The Internal Auditor will review compliance of operations, products, and procedures in accordance with the annual audit plan. The plan will be based upon discussions with Senior Management and the Supervisory Committee, industry standards and NCUA / DFI requirements.
The Internal Auditor will report findings and recommendations to the Supervisory Committee and CEO, or to other senior management as assigned. All reviews and audits are to be conducted in compliance with objectives and policies as well as the Internal Auditor’s Code of Ethics, National Credit Union Administration guidance, and other regulatory and internal standards which govern the operations of each Credit Union.
The Internal Auditor reports directly to the supervisory committee for functional (audit) and to the CEO for administrative purposes.
The Internal Auditor is responsible for assessing regulatory and internal compliance regarding various Credit Union functions, operations, and control systems and for formally advising management concerning their condition. The fulfillment of this responsibility includes but is not confined to:
• Appraising the effectiveness and application of administrative and financial controls and reliability of data that is developed within the Credit Union.
• Evaluating sufficiency of adherence to Credit Union plans, policies and procedures, and compliance with governmental laws and regulations.
• Ascertaining the adequacy of controls for safeguarding Credit Union assets and, when appropriate, verifying the existence of assets.
• Performing special reviews requested by the Supervisory Committee, the Board of Directors or Credit Union management.
• Conducting appraisals of the efficiency and effectiveness with which Credit Union resources are used and making recommendations to management.
• Assures that adequate supporting evidence is obtained, analyzed and appraised as a basis for formulating an objective opinion on the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and activities being reviewed.
• Perform audits of internal controls, systems, transactions, documents, reports, forms, products, procedures, policies, and methods, to determine that compliance, authorization, reliability, accuracy and completeness are properly in place.
• Prepares working papers which support the conclusions reached and any findings and recommendations made concerning the operations and activities being reviewed.
• The Internal Auditor prepares preliminary individual findings and recommendations as soon as practicable during the review. Upon discussion with the supervisory committee and CEO the final report showing the scope, findings and recommendations will be completed.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• BS in Accounting, Business, or commensurate work experience.
• Two to five years of progressively responsible work experience as an auditor: project management is a plus.
• Industry related certifications are a plus.
• Familiarity with the regulations which govern financial institutions, preferably credit unions is required.
• Interacts with staff, vendors, members, and regulatory officials on a regular basis, so strong written and oral communication skills are a must.
• Experience with various PC software (i.e. Microsoft office) and financial institutions mainframe operating systems.
• Must have reliable transportation
• Attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels within a corporate setting.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multifunctional tasks.
• Ability to work with and maintain the utmost confidentiality
Interested applicants can apply at WWW.transwestcu.com
TransWest Credit Union is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.