Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union serves Chattanooga and the surrounding area with 140,000 members and 17 branch locations. The credit union offers a wide array of financial services through numerous delivery channels designed to meet the needs of our ever growing members.
TVFCU is looking for an Internal Audit Specialist to perform Internal Audit projects under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager. The Internal Audit Specialist will assist in the evaluation of Internal Controls over processes and projects to support the achievement of business objectives.
Job Title: Internal Audit Specialist
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
Experience: Two to Five years of experience in Auditing or related field. Experience with financial industries preferred.
Preferred: CPA, CIA, or other relevant certification.
• Strong understanding of internal control concepts and risk-based auditing attained through progressive work experience with a focus on regulatory requirements.
• Knowledgeable of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with applicable AICPA and NCUA standards.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, manage multiple demands, and to work with all types of individuals and at various levels within the company.
• Adept in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
• Strong written and oral communication.
• Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to learn and use financial reporting applications, analytics software, and related systems.
• Working knowledge of state and federal laws that pertain to Credit Union operations.
JOB DUTIES AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
• Conduct risk assessments and identify controls in place to mitigate identified risks. Proactively follow up on identified risks and remediation procedures as needed.
• Identify and propose improvement opportunities and best practices in the areas of control management, risk management, profitability, and company image/reputation.
• Generate actionable plans that will enhance the internal control systems of the organization.
• Perform monthly operational and financial audits within the budgeted hours as outlined within the audit plan.
• Conduct on site branch audits.
• Send out account verifications and monitor receipt of confirmations.
• Assist external auditors and examiners in the performance of their reviews and evaluations by providing information in a timely and efficient manner.
• Stay current with federal, state, and local security and legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements.
• Seek clarification on interpretation or questions concerning policies/procedures from appropriate sources.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of compliance concerning credit union policies and procedures including confidentiality and security measures.
• Exhibit professional presence, consistent with company’s ideals and values, at all times.
• Interact with co-workers to facilitate positive, productive, working relationships.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
• All of this position’s above listed audit procedures and any additional requested audit procedures are performed under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager.
For additional information and to apply for this position Click Here