When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company that:
- Provides amazing experiences and creates raving fans.
- Strives to provide solutions for a better life and promises employees it will be the best place they have ever worked.
- Wins awards such as “Best Bank”, “Best Companies to Work for in Colorado” and even the “Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award”, the only Presidential award for quality.
- Has a highly-engaged workforce and emphasizes career growth, empowerment and servant leadership.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay, organization-wide incentive program, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts
- 4 weeks min. paid time off, work anniversary paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and 16hrs paid volunteer time off
- Medical, dental, and vision health plans with FSA or HSA options
- Onsite fitness center, Zumba and yoga classes, health fairs with biometrics screening and flu shots
- Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
- Career development, trainings, career coaching, job shadowing, mentoring program, tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year, and a recognition system
- Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
- We strive to be the best place you’ve ever worked!
With a high degree of self-reliance, the Internal Audit Manager will manage the internal audit program in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and the COSO internal control framework, including evaluations of reporting, compliance, and operations in the context of applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Essential Functions include:
- Prepare and accomplish, through internal and co-sourced resources, a risk-based audit plan to assess, report on, and make suggestions for improving the Credit Union’s key compliance, operational, financial, and technology processes and internal controls.
- Recommend to the Audit Committee an annual schedule of audit priorities based on the Enterprise Risk Assessment (ERA), annual strategic objectives and business plans, emerging threats, changes to the operating environment, and other considerations and requests by governance committees and management.
- Establish procedures for conducting, documenting, and reporting internal audits of Credit Union compliance with established internal controls and evaluate the control environment against financial institution best practices. Develop test plans and coordinate the regular and sufficient testing of internal controls.
- Report audit results, issues, and recommendations in a timely manner to senior management and the Audit Committee.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of auditing practices, procedures and principles, sufficient to interpret and analyze complex concepts and apply them in innovative ways to solve complex problems.
- Coordinate and schedule all audits and examinations, including the annual financial statement audit and annual regulatory exam.
- Measure the effectiveness of internal audit processes and regularly provide appropriate and actionable reports to the Audit Committee.
- Recommend the annual internal audit budget to senior management and the Audit Committee and maintain reconciliation of actual to budget costs. Report to the Audit Committee at least quarterly regarding budget-to-actual performance.
- Maintain an awareness of strategic business initiatives that require internal control review and guidance and consult as needed.
- Recommend changes to the approved audit plan as needed, based on changes in the environment.
- Effectively and efficiently utilize internal and co-sourced audit resources to carry out the responsibilities of the department.
- Hire, coach and train staff to effectively execute on assigned duties.
- Adheres to all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations governing the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/AML.
The objectives of the internal audit program are to:
- Identify and effectively address resolution of matters that have the potential to adversely affect the ability of the Credit Union to achieve objectives
- Be driven to deliver quality results on time, with a high degree of integrity, in a highly ethical and professional manner
- Effectively communicate findings to the appropriate individuals and display professional interpersonal skills that inspire confidence in colleagues and within the broader organization
- Independently evaluate the effectiveness of management in designing and implementing an appropriate internal control environment and maintaining compliance with established Credit Union policy and procedures and applicable laws, rules and regulations
VP-Enterprise Operational Risk, with a dotted line to the Audit Committee
Manages: Internal Auditor
Selecting Talent, Planning and Organizing, High Impact Communication, Execution, Aligning Performance for Success, Adaptability, Stress Tolerance
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years managing audit, compliance, or risk-related programs and staff, preferably in a financial institution
- Experience with designing, implementing, managing, and/or maintaining automated audit systems, such as Audit Command Language (ACL)
- Manual dexterity to input data on a keyboard (i.e., computer, calculator, telephone, PC)
- Visual ability to interpret data from computer screen and written documents
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Degree in finance or accounting preferred
- CIA, CPA, or equivalent relevant certification strongly preferred, with a combination of public accounting firm and industry experience
- Compliance, audit, or risk-related program management experience in the banking or credit union industry preferred
This job operates in an office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment
Sitting frequently, walking occasionally, use of hands frequently, hearing constantly, talking frequently, exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time / 40 hours per week
Elevations Support Center
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Us: Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving Colorado’s Front Range. Founded in 1953, we’ve grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution with 13 branches and more than 120,000 members that manages over $2 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in Colorado. At Elevations, we’ve made a commitment to move away from a product-centered business model and focus instead on creating consumer solutions. Our objective is to provide our members, as well as the entire community, with unbiased consumer information.
EEO Statement: Elevations Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such a report will not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act.
For addtional information and to apply, Click Here