GESA Credit Union - Richland, WA
The Internal Auditor shall conduct audits of the Credit Union to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records and efficiency of operations. The Internal Auditor shall provide documentation of the credit Union's internal control systems, as well as report findings and make recommendations. Travel required to perform duties and complete training as required.
Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
· Perform assigned audit procedures and recommend enhancements to the Credit Union's operating systems.
· Perform evaluations of the Credit Union's internal control systems and report findings and recommendations.
· Perform financial audit procedures and report findings in various formats such as reports, presentations, flow charts, etc.
· Maintain open communication with all personnel.
· Routinely advise the Internal Audit Manager concerning key issues affecting audits, progress of internal audit activities, as well as concerns.
· Maintain comprehensive knowledge of policies, procedures and regulation interpretation regarding the audit process and requirements.
· Conduct internal audits in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
· Develop scope of assigned audits, select appropriate audit procedures to achieve desired audit objectives and effectively manage workflow. Provide information to Internal Audit Manager to accurately maintain reporting systems for monitoring completion of all duties.
· Three (3) to five (5) years of similar or related experience; financial institution environment experience preferred.
· Four year degree in Accounting or Finance; or equivalent training, coursework, and experience.
· Basic understanding of accounting procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations required. Prior experience performing internal audits in a credit union or similar sector desired.
Must pass a background check, including credit
To apply, please visit www.gesacreditunion.com