We are seeking a Financial Accountant for the Accounting Department.
This role is accountable to provide to various constituencies, reliable and materially accurate financial reporting in accordance with GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) at a corporate (total entity) level for the credit union and subsidiaries on both a consolidated and unconsolidated basis in an efficient and cost effective manner. Additionally, role provides specialized accounting and performs accounting research for internal and external stakeholders. Role also assists in resolving moderately complex accounting issues and collaborates and maintains strong relationships with business partners.
If you are a CPA and have the ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations; knowledge of and the ability to use the methods, processes, and tools for maintaining and preparing ﬁnancial statements and reports, you should apply with us right away!
Coordinates Internal Financial Reporting activities to include:
- Preparation of materially accurate corporate level financial reporting as needed for the board of directors and management in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintenance of Credit Human (Corporate) and Retirement Plan general ledgers and ensure the structures allow for the various financial reporting needs of both internal and external constituents in an efficient and effective manner, in accordance with regulations and management’s needs on an on-going basis.
Coordinates External Financial Reporting activities to include:
- Preparation and submission of the quarterly NCUA 5300 Call Report and Profile Report.
- Coordinates and assists with annual examinations and audits conducted by NCUA & other external auditors.
Coordinates production and work processes of several specialized accounting activities to include the accurate, timely and efficient processing of the following:
- Accounting, financial reporting, and tax reporting for Credit Human defined benefit plan to include preparation and submission of 1099R’s and 945s.
- Accounting for Credit Human’s investment portfolio;
- Accounting for borrowing portfolio;
- Accounting for SERP activities;
- Accounting for capital leases;
- Recording of vacation accruals; and
- Recording of monthly derivative entries.
Acts as an Accounting Department resource for credit union initiatives and special projects.
- Leads special projects and coordinates with key stakeholders to ensure timely completion.
- Collaborates and maintains strong relationships with business partners.
- Provides specialized accounting, ﬁnancial reporting, and performs accounting research in support of credit union initiatives and projects.
Training and Development
- Maintains a working knowledge of regulatory requirements and accounting pronouncements.
- Maintains a working knowledge of standards, procedures, and technical operations in the department.
- 3+ years accounting experience
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Financial institution accounting experience
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of ﬁnance and accounting practices, ﬁnancial analysis, and reporting; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use the methods, processes, and tools for maintaining and preparing ﬁnancial statements and reports.
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects to achieve objectives.
- Ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- PC skills to include word processing, spreadsheet applications and database application skills. Analytical thinking skills.
- Independent learning skills.
- Ability to analyze business performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA Designation
- Master’s Degree in Accounting
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm
Level of Work: 2B
Credit Human provides employees with many benefits from insurance coverage to college tuition reimbursement.
To get to know Credit Human and learn more about our benefits, visit our careers page at www.credithuman.com/careers.
Credit Human conducts employment background checks that may be used for decisions related to employment with Credit Human. Standard background checks performed on final candidates include NCUA Administrative and Prohibited Orders, ChexSystems, past employment verification, criminal history check on convictions and outstanding arrest warrants within the past seven years. Degree verifications are conducted if listed on the employment application. Additional background checks relevant to the role may include a motor vehicle registration check, credit check, and/or fingerprint card. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.