Director of Internal Audit
TopLine FCU is a $360 million seeking a Director of Internal Audit for its 1 person internal audit department. Benefits include: competitive salary, paid leave time & paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, STD & LTD, life insurance, and retirement benefits.
- Strategically and tactically leads and directs the audit area of the credit union.
- Conducts audits for supervisory committee to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations.
- Functions as the credit union's Lead Auditor promoting growth and striving to achieve member satisfaction by maintaining quality and committed service to the credit union's membership regarding accounts.
- Audits records of all departments and interviews workers to ensure recording of transactions are compliant with applicable laws and regulations. Examines department activities for compliance with policies and procedures.
- Four year college degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or related area or equivalent combination of education and experience essential.
- Three-Five years Accounting/ Auditing experience essential, preferably auditing experience in a financial environment. Experience with credit union examination or CPA and audit experience essential; CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently essential
- Computer proficiency essential, preferably with Microsoft Office Suite software
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, decision making skills, organizational and time management skills and the ability to work in a diverse, fast paced, flexible environment essential.
- Ability to work effectively with people in a diverse environment that encompasses regular deadlines, where change is always possible and flexibility is required.
- Compliance experience desired.