Coordinate, gather data, report on and follow up on all external reviews/audits for the Credit Union. Assist with the maintenance of a robust organizational internal control monitoring (ICM) program by ensuring redundancy is maintained in performance of internal control monitoring tasks. In addition, participate in performing reviews and activities that support existing internal control systems and ensure that operating policies and procedures are followed in order to reduce risk. Prepare reports for management and outside auditors that summarize ICM activities and organizational results. Adhere to and uphold Northeast Credit Union's Values and Service Standards.
Adhere to and uphold Northeast Credit Union's Values and Service Standards
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Work involves extensive communication including, but not limited to, verbal, written and electronic, interaction, and collaboration with people on a daily basis in order to provide exemplary service.
60% Schedule and manage work of Credit Union’s outsourced auditors and examiners. Plan, assign, and direct audit preparation activities, address issues, answer questions, and resolve complex problems. Review draft reports and work in collaboration with functional head to finalize audit reports and obtain management responses. Track all findings through resolution and ensure tracking logs are updated timely and reports are issued to the appropriate parties.
10% Perform ad hoc audits to support Internal Audit program and issue periodic reports of exceptions, findings, and recommendations to management. Obtain and document management’s responses.
10% Participate in process walk throughs with other departments and be the “go to” for internal control consulting, assessments, development and testing.
10% Review internal control monitoring activities performed by Risk Management staff to ensure compliance with Credit Union policies, procedures and regulatory requirements in order to safeguard the Credit Union’s assets. Assist with the development and implementation new monitoring reviews to improve control environment.
5% Support other Risk Management functions when necessary.
5% Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Training to support your career goals.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Comprehensive medical/dental/life benefits.
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions up to 11%.
- Tuition assistance.
- The chance to make a difference in your community, through day-to-day interactions and volunteerism.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Three to five years of experience in retail financial institution operations.
- Two to three years of audit experience corporate and/or public accounting.
- One year of supervisory experience of either engagement or personnel, preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- CPA, CIA or CCUIA designation preferred.
Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills necessary for communicating with internal staff as well as external auditors and management. Ability to utilize a variety of communication modalities effectively and appropriately across multiple channels.
- Must be familiar with internal control issues and risk identification and be able to provide recommendations for improvement.
- Working knowledge or the ability to learn and understand credit union products and services.
- Possess and exhibit excellent analytical, prioritization and time management skills.
- Possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite.
- Self-motivated; proactively takes the initiative to accomplish necessary tasks and seize new and often times challenging opportunities.
- Must analyze complicated factual situations, apply functional principles and develop solutions.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with other employees and review documents for accuracy. The employee must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals and policies. The employee is frequently required to remain in stationary position operating a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy/fax machine, and printer. The employee may be required to stand, move, reach with hands and arms, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
This position involves driving to various branches, external functions and work-related activities within Maine and New Hampshire (valid driver’s license required).
Must be able to attend select national level audit training(s) to support job requirements.
Work Environment: Professional office environment which varies with travel to retail branch locations.
If you are looking for an exciting career, Northeast Credit Union is the place! Our employee total rewards package includes competitive salaries, incentive programs, comprehensive medical/dental/life benefits, 401(k) plan with employer contributions up to 11%, training and professional development programs, tuition assistance, paid leave, and work/life programs. Join us today!
For confidential consideration contact:
Senior Vice President, Chief Risk Officer
Equal Opportunity Employer