Job Code: 301153
Supervisor’s Title: Senior Manager, Audit
Location: Vernon Hills
Date: October 2014
As part of the Internal Audit Department, the Staff Auditor will assist to complete the Annual Audit Plan of BCU. This position will conduct financial and operational audits to assess the effectiveness of internal controls. Working both independently and as part of a team, the Staff Auditor will prepare written analyses, conclusions, findings and recommendations based on the audit work performed. This position will also monitor and validate the status of recommendations made from previous audits and will assist with the coordination of external audits and regulatory reviews.
The Staff Auditor will also be responsible for monitoring various projects and governance committees (as assigned) to identify potential internal control concerns. The Staff Auditor will be responsible for advising management on potential risks and providing appropriate recommendations to mitigate risk. The Staff Auditor will also be responsible for providing periodic reporting of the team’s activities to Audit Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of this role that account for 5% or more of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties assigned.
1. Conduct financial, operational and compliance audits, including reviews of service centers located in eleven states and Puerto Rico;
2. Review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls;
3. Review and evaluate compliance with policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations;
4. Prepare workpapers to document the work performed with appropriate conclusions as to the results of testing;
5. Prepare recommendations that address deficiencies identified. Validate and discuss recommendations with appropriate management;
6. Track the progress of remediation efforts for outstanding audit issues, and validate that resolutions have been properly implemented.
7. Support external and regulatory audits by coordinating the retrieval of documents and other informational requests, and performing testing as required;
8. Investigate account activity captured by various monitoring reports designed to detect money laundering, improper account maintenance, or other BSA compliance issues;
9. Monitor and assist operational departments with project implementations;
10. Participate in special investigations as required; and
11. Perform other special projects as needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills and/or abilities required, including the education and experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required;
• A minimum of 2 years experience working in internal audit function is required, preferably within the Financial Services industry.
• Spanish language skills strongly desired;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, must have the ability to assess risk, and understand and document internal controls;
• Must be a self-starter, possess strong organization skills, and must be able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks;
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills necessary, must be able to write recommendations and reports in a clear, concise manner; and
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
For more information, see the job posting at bcu.org or contact Matt Kemblowski at email@example.com