DEPARTMENT: Internal Auditing
REPORTS TO: Internal Audit Director
The responsibility of the Senior Auditor, in conjunction with the Internal Audit Department, is to support the Supervisory Committee in fulfilling their responsibilities as defined by the Credit Union Act Section 1761d. Under the supervision of the Internal Audit Director, the Senior Auditor performs financial, compliance and operational audits as defined by the annual audit plan. The Senior Auditor will perform these procedures in accordance with accepted professional standards as well as Arkansas Federal Credit Union policies and procedures. The Senior Auditor will document pertinent testing, results, and communicate the results to management and the Supervisory Committee.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs detailed audit procedures, including reviewing transactions, documents, records, reports and policies and procedures for accuracy and effectiveness.
2. Prepares electronic workpapers which record and summarize audit procedures performed.
3. Assists in the planning phase on assigned segments of an audit.
4. Assists the Audit Director in the completion of the annual audit plan and risk assessment.
5. Assists in the process of evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
6. Assists in developing recommendations for corrective action / improvement.
7. Write audit reports relating to audits performed.
8. Present audit reports to the Supervisory Committee
9. Collaborate with management to ensure responses to audits are properly addressed.
10. Attend the Board Meetings in the absence of the Audit Director
11. Assist the Audit Director with the preparation of the Supervisory Committee web site and reporting to the Supervisory Committee on various reports.
12. Review member complaint resolution with management and report to the Supervisory Committee. Position will also compose responses to NCUA complaints.
13. Provide assistance to external auditors and NCUA examiners, as requested.
14. Provide a level of review of work of the staff auditor/audit intern in the department.
15. Provides entry level training to the staff auditor/audit intern in the department.
16. Delivers consistent high quality service at all times to both internal and external members, which is in alignment with the Credit Union’s Service Promises. The Senior Auditor promises to:
- Treat each member as an honored guest.
- Take ownership of a member’s request.
- Make it easy for a member to do business with the Credit Union.
- Respond to a member’s request in a timely manner.
- Identify a member’s needs and suggest solutions that will improve the member’s financial life.
- Show appreciation for the opportunity to serve the member.
17. Performs other duties, as assigned.
1. Individual should possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and hold a professional certification as a public accountant or internal auditor, preferably the CPA or the CIA.
The Supervisory Committee reserves the right to add other professional certifications they deem appropriate to fulfill the requirements of the job duties and responsibilities noted above.
2. Individual should have a minimum of four years of audit experience, with a good understanding of business and accounting practices. At least two years of the audit experience should be in a financial industry environment.
3. Individual should have good written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management and employees. Individual should also possess good problem solving skills.
4. Computer skills, including Excel, Outlook, Word and Adobe Acrobat, required.
5. Individual should possess some Database Management skills.
6. Individual should have some knowledge of Financial Institution Regulatory Compliance laws.
1. Requires ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
2. Requires ability to work on a computer for long periods of time.
3. Requires ability to work in a professional office environment.
4. Requires ability to stand, lift, bend and stretch.
5. Requires ability to operate a motor vehicle with or without accommodation.
Arkansas Federal Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all-inclusive of the total job responsibilities, nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.