Internal Auditor II/III
Schools Financial Credit Union, headquartered in Sacramento, is a member-owned financial institution with more than $1.3 billion in assets and over 113,000 members. Schools is one of the top credit unions in California, and one of the largest credit unions based in Sacramento.
Schools is seeking an Internal Auditor II/III at our Headquarters location (1485 Response Rd). This position performs detailed audits to determine the adequacy of operations, the reliability of financial reporting, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This includes reviewing internal controls, policies and procedures, investigating documents, records, accounts, operations, and transactions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Conducts in-branch audits, including cash counts, inventory counts of negotiable items, and new account, loan file, and teller work reviews
• Works with External CU Auditors and NCUA examiners, providing assistance with records, procedures and processes when necessary
• Documents audit findings and identifies deviations and exceptions
• Provides recommendations for improvements and revisions in procedures and communicates final reports to the Supervisory Committee
• Reviews computer-generated reports for suspicious or fraudulent activity and compliance with procedures, policies, and regulations
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications and skills:
• Minimum of two years experience in auditing preferred
• Minimum of two years experience in a financial institution preferred
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field desired
• Previous supervision or demonstrated ability to provide work direction is preferred
• Professional certification in one or more of the following is encouraged: CPA, CIA CFE, CFM, and or CMA
• Knowledge of financial institution operations, policies, and procedures
• Must be able to maintain high levels of confidential information
• Must possess strong analytical problem solving judgment, and decision-making skills
• Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to communicate accurately, objectively, clearly, concisely, constructively and timely
Schools offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, LTD, Life and AD&D, 401(k) plan, FSAs, & free or discounted banking services. The schedule will be Monday to Friday and the salary ranges from $39,000-$59,000 compensation is commensurate with experience.