POSITION: Internal Auditor
REPORTS TO: Chief Risk Officer
DEPARTMENT: Risk Management
Assures credit union control effectiveness by performing regular internal audits across the operational platform utilizing a risk based approach. Responsible for the overall internal audit program, including the managing of the risk based audit program focusing on control effectiveness, documentation of deficiencies and communication within the management team. This role will also be required to participate with both the Supervisory Committee and interface with regulatory agencies, including the Washington State DFI and NCUA.
When recommending action to ensure control effectiveness, the Internal Auditor should be conscious of streamlining efforts, cost effectiveness, safety and soundness, and proper maintenance of the internal control structure. Whether self-initiated or at the request of management or staff, conducts research of individual regulatory-related matters, identifies and communicates control deficiencies, and provides guidance in the development of alternative solutions or implementation of corrective action.
Conducts investigations of possible improprieties on the part of credit union employees.
· Broad knowledge of, and practical experience with, credit union or other financial institution operating areas, functions, products and services, and the laws and regulations which apply to credit unions.
· Excellent analytical ability, and the ability to conduct thorough research, interpret and understand laws and regulations, and provide workable recommendations and solutions to problems.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and well with all levels of management and staff, as well as members.
· Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, critical thinking, efficient and a self-starter.
Experience: Three years of auditing experience in a credit union or financial institution, preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, accounting, auditing or related field, preferred.
Training: Must complete Bank Secrecy Act certification program within one year of hire date. Certification in auditing obtained from an industry recognized program within one year from the date of hire, including AICPA, CUNA, NAFCU, or others desired.
Human Resources Administrator
Harborstone Credit Union
Phone: (253) 584-2260 or 1-800-523-3641
Visit us online at harborstone.com