November 12, 2014
Public Service Credit Union - Denver, CO
We are seeking a goal driven, team oriented applicant to join our audit team within the Internal Audit Department. This position is a Full-Time position.
As part of the Internal Audit Team, you will continue to enhance your technical and professional skillset through training, peer-to-peer coaching, and mentoring. In addition, there is an opportunity to gain a unique perspective of the organization as a whole and to help add value and efficiencies to processes and procedures. Finally, there will be opportunities to network at local Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA) chapter meetings/events.
- Responsible for providing internal audit coverage for the Credit Union and will analyze internal controls to provide adequate safeguards to ensure general operating efficiency and compliance with laws, regulations, and internal policies and procedures in order to mitigate risk.
- Perform audits which include operational, financial, compliance, regulatory, process improvement as well as consultative services when needed.
- Perform walkthroughs and testing of processes to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of key controls.
- Prepare draft audit reports that discuss findings and recommendations for improvements and submit to the Director of Internal Audit.
- Conduct scope meetings, kick-off meetings, status updates, and exit meetings with Senior Management.
- Conduct audit report follow-up testing to determine if Management’s corrective action plans were implemented timely.
- Assist External Auditors/Examiners as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as an Auditor, preferably in a Financial Institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related business field.
- Understanding of audit, internal control, risk and governance principles.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of workflows and business processes.
- Ability to identify solutions that effectively address business and control needs.
- Possesses integrity, professional skepticism, a high degree of inquisitiveness and a strong business sense.
- Committed to excellence and continual improvement.
- Commands respect and credibility with team members and business partners.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast paced environment.
- High responsiveness and flexibility to changing business priorities and tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and the ability to quickly learn new technology.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certifications are a plus.
***This list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive; it is merely the most accurate list for the current position. Public Service CU reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change, i.e. changes in personnel, workload, technical development, or emergencies.
“This position is located at our Headquarters- currently located near I25 and Evans. However, we will be relocating to Lone Tree in 2015.”
Please apply online at: https://careers-pscu.icims.com/jobs/1314/internal-auditor/job