The Internal Auditor conducts audits of the Credit Union to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records and efficiency of operations; provides documentation of the Credit Union's internal control systems; reports findings and makes recommendations. Responsible for ensuring the policies and procedures of the Credit Union comply with the appropriate laws and regulations.
· Performs assigned audit procedures (account and loan reviews) and recommends enhancements to the Credit Union's operating systems. Coordinates responses to audit findings including NCUA Exam Findings.
· Performs evaluations of the Credit Union's internal control systems by maintenance of permanent files incorporating narrative descriptions, flowcharts, memos, etc.; reports findings and recommendations.
· Performs financial audit procedures on the Credit union's financial records and reports findings and recommendations.
· Analyzes new and pending laws and regulations which will affect the Credit Union's operations, ensures compliance with the applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
· Attends Supervisory Committee Meetings to present findings.
· Position reports to CEO and Supervisory Committee.
· 2 - 5 years similar or related experience is required.
· A college degree preferred.
· Previous financial institution experience a plus!
To apply and for more information go to www.brtelco.org/home/about/careers