September 11, 2015
Granite CU - Salt Lake City
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
Reports to: Supervisory Committee and VP Risk Management
Responsible for providing internal audit coverage of all Credit Union activities. Through continuous audits determines internal controls to provide adequate safeguards to ensure the credit union’s general operating efficiency and compliance with laws, regulations, managerial policies, and generally accepted accounting principles.
Essential Duties, Skills & Abilities
- Develop and maintain a plan for auditing all credit union activities. Plan is coordinated and approved by Supervisory Committee.
- Continually assess risks, member complaints, findings and recommendations of outside auditors and National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) examiners.
- Monitor changes in regulations and develop audit plans to assist the credit union in regulation compliance.
- Discuss audit findings and recommendations with VP of Risk Management and Supervisory Committee.
- Work with the Supervisory Committee to engage firms for financial and IT audits.
- Identify training opportunities to improve staff understanding of policies, regulations and control procedures.
- Conduct special projects as requested by the Supervisory Committee.
- Work with Credit Union management to establish proper internal controls at all levels.
- Promote a professional appearance and attitude.
- Basic computer operating skills such as email, Microsoft Office, etc.
Previous audit experience necessary
Credit union operations and/or audit experience preferred
Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in finance or accounting
Interested applicants can apply at www.granite.org
Granite Federal Credit Union is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations to the application and/or interview process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.