May 14, 2015
Texas Trust Credit Union - Arlington, TX
Responsible for performing all internal control audits.
- Develops and maintains audit programs and defines scope of reviews;
- Works with external auditors and regulators;
- Prepares and maintains audit documentation and work papers;
- Evaluates and analyzes all audit findings thoroughly to reach logical conclusions about the controls in place or absence of required internal control measures;
- Writes formal audit reports directed to the group audited, senior management, and the supervisory committee;
- Conducts appropriate follow-up with audit group to resolve audit findings;
- Plans schedules and conduct each audit, per schedule, to ensure that all activities conform to established audit procedures;
- Provide the input to the development of the annual audit plan;
- Conduct special audits as assigned;
- Use audit programs as guides and initiate additional audit steps where deemed appropriate. Analyze audit programs for effectiveness, recommending changes and improvements where appropriate;
- Reviews department related policies and procedures for compliance with regulatory requirements and sound practices;
- Evaluate the adequacy of controls in place as well as identifying any controls that are absent or have not been followed as defined in the applicable policy or procedure;
- Prepare detailed reports of audit findings, presenting any irregularities or exceptions for the Risk Manager prior to submission to senior management and the supervisory committee;
- Review responses from those audited to report findings to determine whether appropriate action has been taken; provide recommendations to Risk Manager regarding agreement/acceptance that findings are resolved;
- Maintain appropriate records regarding reports provided and other audit work papers and documentation;
- Discuss with Risk Manager as necessary, changes to the scope of audits performed, significant findings noted as the audit progresses, as well as conclusions and recommendations as audits are finalized;
- Acts as liaison with internal staff and external auditors to ensure that their requests for information are satisfactorily met by staff;
- Maintains up to date skills and competency through on going professional, formal and informal training or self-study;
- Multiple site visits required to branches and other credit union locations;
- Adheres to appropriate Risk Management Policies. Adheres to appropriate Compliance policies and procedures. Adheres to Bank Secrecy Act.
- Must have a willingness to obtain certifications such as CPA, CIA, or related certifications;
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows OS and MS Office software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, finance, accounting; and/or
- Related work experience with knowledge of federal and state credit union regulations;
- Minimum of two (2) years in internal audit or external auditing of financial institutions;
- Certifications (CPA, CIA) a plus but not required.
To Apply for the Position Click on the following link: