May 5, 2015
University of Iowa Community CU - North Liberty, IA
University of Iowa Community Credit Union – North Liberty, IA
Come grow with us! The University of Iowa Community Credit Union is currently accepting applications for a Full-Time Internal Auditor at the UICCU Financial Center in North Liberty, Iowa.
- Candidate availability for this full time (40 hours per week minimum) position is: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm; extra hours may be necessary, as dictated by member need and position demand.
- This position is not responsible for supervision of other employees.
- Reports to Internal Audit Director.
JOB TITLE: Internal Auditor
JOB STATUS: Non-exempt
Plans, conducts, and reports the results of audits of the Credit Union’s activities to safeguard the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control systems and compliance with existing policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change.
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, giving credit, integrity, caring and respect in carrying out the UICCU's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- As directed by the Internal Audit Director, performs audit fieldwork, following procedures detailed in audit programs, within established time budgets.
- Adds value to the audit process by incorporating analysis of efficiency, sales and service into audits of each department or unit audited.
- As assigned by the Internal Audit Director, meets with departmental leaders to discuss findings and recommendations, prepares written recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Meets with the Internal Audit Director, President/CEO and/or Audit Committee to discuss findings and recommendations.
- Helps monitor and appraise the adequacy and effectiveness of corrective action taken on audit findings and aids in presentation of written reports to the Audit Committee.
- Maintains audit work papers to evidence the audit work performed and the material facts supporting the conclusions reported, subject to review by the Internal Audit Director.
- As assigned by the Internal Audit Director, investigates and reports evidence of theft or fraud.
- Aids in formulation of procedures and plans for practical internal verifications, controls and audit trails to be incorporated into the Audit Manual of the Credit Union.
- Monitors the performance of the Credit Union’s internal control structure.
- Becomes familiar with and helps monitor state and federal regulations as needed and acts as a resource for staff on questions of compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Works with the Internal Audit Director and the Sr. VP/CFO, acts as a liaison to and aids external auditors and state and federal examiners by preparing work papers, gathering requested documents, and providing information on credit union activities as requested.
- Monitors and reviews daily file maintenance, security overrides, and other reports as assigned.
- Serves as a backup to the BSA Compliance Officer to monitor and review CTR and SAR filings and performs duties as required to ensure Credit Union compliance with Bank Secrecy Act / OFAC regulations.
- Performs any other temporary or permanent duties as assigned by the President/CEO or Audit Committee.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or credit union sponsored events on an annual basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or closely related field required. CPA or CIA designation preferred.
- Two years experience in auditing financial institutions or equivalent required.
- Prior work experience in financial institution preferred.
- PC proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing software required.
- Broad knowledge of all credit union products and services.
- Skilled in human relations with the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must be a motivated, self-starting individual with a focus on detail oriented projects.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
- Must be bondable.
This position is not responsible for supervision of other employees.
Reports to Internal Audit Director.
You may apply for this position on our website at https://www.uiccujobs.org
Click on the Career Opportunities tab at the bottom of the webpage.