July 23, 2015
TwinStar CU - Olympia, WA
Are you a self-starter with a proven record of meeting audit objectives and goals? Do you enjoy working in an environment where you make a difference?
TwinStar Credit Union, a $975 million credit union in Olympia, WA, has an opportunity for an Internal Auditor. This position is responsible for conducting audits to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and efficiency of operations by performing the following essential functions.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Accept the challenge to develop knowledge of TwinStar operations, controls, strengths and weaknesses to meet audit completion goals within timeframes established by Management.
- Have the ability to develop rapport and strong relationships at all levels of the organization;
- Have knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations applicable to credit union operation.
- Have knowledge of financial systems, products, and services.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting; two to four years related auditing experience within a financial institution (credit union experience preferred). CIA a plus, or must be willing to obtain CIA within 2 years.
- Participates in the development of annual audit plans.
- Works with credit union management to ensure an effective audit.
- Audits records of departments and branches and interviews associates to ensure proper recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Analyzes data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Examines department/branch activities for compliance with management plans and policies.
- Assesses the proper accountability of assets by conducting inventories and related audit procedures.
- Reviews records pertaining to staff and material assets, such as equipment and buildings, to determine degree to which they are utilized.
- Prepares and submits audit findings and assist in the development of reports and recommendations to the Supervisory Committee of TwinStar Credit Union.
- Works with external Audit firm to develop processes for internal audit.
TwinStar Credit Union offers full-time employees medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation & sick leave and holidays. Background reviews, including criminal and credit histories, will be conducted prior to selection.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. First screening of applications will be July 31, 2015.
TwinStar Credit Union only accepts completed applications for currently posted positions. A résumé WILL NOT replace any section of the application.
TwinStar Credit Union is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance.